Copperblue Restaurant

It is refreshing to dine at a restaurant and have a truly great experience....excellent food, outstanding service, and great ambience. Many, if not most, restaurants are completely horrible all together or have only one redeeming quality about them.

Copperblue is small and intimate, and the walls are lined with paintings that are an interpretation of work and play, a theme that weaves throughout the menu and dining experience. Some of the canvases depict the labor of field workers and water bearers and other express the pleasure of play, from children frolicking to adults enjoying music, dance and drink.

The food is wonderful and inventive. I started with the crispy saffron and Spanish ham rice croquettes with sofrito fondue. Honestly, I did not particularly care for this dish. However, the service is so outstanding that a waiter must have sensed this, and they took away the dish and let me order something else...and I did not even have to ask. Instead I ordered the grilled shrimp with blue crab salad and pestle curry mayo. It was fabulous. My friend started with the artichoke soup which was rich and creamy.

For the main courses, my dining companion ordered the organic Illinois pork, with basil gnocchi and green tomato. I loved the basil gnocchi! I chose the grilled beef strip loin, with swiss chard, cardoons, pancetta, orzo, and Barolo wine sauce. It was fabulous.

For dessert we had the chocolate mousse cake. My dining companion declared that it was so good that we had to order another.

As far as the service, it is top notch, and arguably the best in the city. The goal of Copperblue's service is to pamper you and make every diner feel completely welcome in their restaurant.

Copperblue is a great addition to the Chicago fine dining scene.

http://www.copperbluechicago.com/

No comments: